Janata Bank Job Circular:
Janata Bank Limited, a reputed and leading the second largest State owned Commercial Bank in Bangladesh is looking for a group of bright, talented energetic fresher offering General Manager Job (Accounts and Financial Management Division).
Janata Bank Limited, the second largest State owned Commercial Bank in Bangladesh, operates 888 branches including 4 overseas branches in the UAE. At present it is linked with 1233 foreign correspondents all over the world. It has two subsidiaries (1) Janata Capital and Investment Ltd. in Bangladesh and (2) Janata Exchange Company srl. In Italy. Its more than fifteen thousand employees provide their best efforts to establish it as the highest profit earning bank in the country for the last three consecutive years.
Name of the Position:
General Manager(Accounts and Financial Management Division) Offered for Bangladeshi Nationals only on contractual basis. It’s a senior executive position and requires reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director (CEO& MD).
To enrich and develop the Accounts and Financial Management Division, strengthening the accounting capability of the bank, modernizing financial reporting system, designing appropriate chart of accounts and expediting the ERP implementation system, developing appropriate accounting manual with ERP procedure manual, producing weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly, yearly and other periodical financial statements complying with rules and regulations of the Bank Company Act, Bangladesh Bank and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRSs)/International Accounting Standards(IASs),exercise more control on Bank’s accounting framework, implementing BASEL-II other ensuring requirements, successful implementation of accounting system of the bank in line with full compliance with international financial reporting standards(IFRSs),BB directives and guidelines, Bank Company Act 1991 etc. Designing the budget and implementation of proper budgetary control system, dealing in corporate tax issues and all other issues relating to NBR, ensuring safeguard of assets & liabilities and report to the regulatory authorities in time maintaining required CRR/SLR on a regular basis, handling the external audit and other commercial audit, ensure effective internal control & compliance of laws.
Major Job Description/Responsibilities:
- To produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly statement of affairs in time maintaining quality and standards and ensure submission of those to regulatory authorities/Board of Directors as per deadline;
- To prepare financial statements of the bank in compliance with all rules and regulations of Bangladesh Bank (BB) and Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)/International Accounting Standards (IASs);
- To design appropriate chart of accounts, software based accounting procedure manual & accounting manual and to exercise close coordination and monitoring in implementing software based accounting system (namely, Computerized Systems/ERP/ Core banking system) in the bank;
- To ensure proper maintenance of all financial transactions of head office as well as consolidation of all the transactions of the bank;
- To collect estimated data from different departments, analyze the data, formulate forecast and prepare annual budget, prepare various financial performance reports and produce periodical budget variance reports and implement effective budgetary control system in the bank;
- To carry on stress testing activities, produce timely stress testing reports and submit to appropriate authority;
- To carry on Basel-II implementation activities, maintaining capital adequacy requirement and deal with CAMELS issues of the bank in line with regulatory rules and guidelines;
- To produce update reports relating to treasury operations (daily fund position, call money lending & borrowing, maintaining CRR & SLR, ALM desk activities etc.) including all types of investment activities of the bank;
- To design the corporate tax plan, calculate deferred tax and its proper incorporation in the books of accounts, ensuring timely submission of corporate tax return and settle the pending tax issues in an effective manner, dealing with the Income Tax, VAT and TDS issues effectively and efficiently in compliance with NBR rules and regulations.
- To calculate and maintain proper books of records of Employees Provident Fund (both GPF & CPF), SAF and Benevolent Fund, death benefit fund etc. and conduct actuarial valuation, if necessary;
- To design the budget, introduce and implement proper budgetary control system;
- To ensure that bank’s all assets and liabilities are monitored and accurately accounted for that the fixed assets register is maintained and managed with strict adherence to fixed assets register procedure and that the monthly payroll tax is completed by the Accounts Department;
- To monitor annual budgets including operating and capital expenditure budgets;
- To handle the issues of external audit, internal audit, Bangladesh Bank audit, commercial audit and other investigations that relate to accounts, tax, VAT etc of the bank;
- To identify risk area of the bank and assess risks with mitigation strategy and to monitor seven core risks management activities;
- To upload data and reporting through RIT to EDW of BB and to monitor bank’s reporting through RIT;
- To assess the training need of the accounting personnel, take necessary steps for arranging appropriate training program
- To enhance the accounting capability of the accounts department and to develop and manage the implementation of a financial and organizational capacity building trajectory;
- To lead on the investigation of possible fraud cases in line with standard procedures;
- To exercise executive power of General Manager of Accounts Department and to maintain close liaison with BB, SEC, NBR, MoF, RJSC, external auditors and other authorities, as required;
- To implement audit & accounts related recommendation made by the Board of Directors or Board’s Audit Committee of the bank; and to carry on other assignment as assigned by Bank Management.
At least 12 years job experience in banking and finance covering financial management, planning, administration and budgeting & auditing along with supervisory capability either in renowned commercial bank or Govt. organization/central bank or other international organizations like IMF/ADB/WB etc. Candidates must have clear idea about functions and major structure of financial statements of a commercial bank and in depth knowledge of Computerized Systems/ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) implementation experience and clear knowledge about Core Banking System, The Companies Act-1994, The Bank Companies Act-1991, BRPD & DOS circulars, CRR, SLR, CAMELS and Capital Adequacy Calculation under Basel II, adaptation of first time IFRSs in a bank, Deferred Tax etc.
Other Skills and Age Limit:
Extensive knowledge of financial and administrative systems; excellent communications skill in English (both oral and written), self-management including ability to prioritize own workload and work independently and commitment to meet deadlines. Age will not be over 55 years as on 31 January 2013.
Attractive salary and other benefits would be offered. This shall be discussed with the short-listed candidates, fulfilling above requirements.
Head Office, 110 Motijheel C/A, Dhaka.
Have to work in close consultation with the CEO& MD throughout the duration of the contract. Initial engagement will be for three years and the next extension with benefits will be considered based on yearly performance review. The deliverables are to be prepared in a format to be agreed upon by the Board/CEO and submitted electronically via e-mail along with hardcopy. All deliverables are to be submitted on time, based on a schedule to be developed and mutually agreed upon by the incumbent and the Board/CEO. Key deliverables include, but are not limited to: Annual Work plan: The first work plan is to be submitted within 3 (three) months of commencing work with subsequent draft work plans. Interim Report: Half yearly reports detailing actual achievement and detailed work plan for next six months. Other reports as required from time to time.
If you are confident, please send application addressed to the CEO & MD, Janata Bank Limited, Head Office, 110 Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000; along with your updated CV & 2(Two) copies of passport size photographs.
Contact address of Janata bank Limited BD
Incoming search terms:
- www janatabank-bd com
- janata bank job circular
- janata bank circular
- bapex job circular 2014 admit card
- circular of janata bank
- circular of janata bank 2014
- janata bank circular 2014